Professionally, Tim brings a range of experience. Most recently, Tim has been involved with a consulting firm, Civitas Consulting, focused on building stronger, more engaged communities. Previously, he has spent time working for United Way of the Alberta Capital Region, Veterans Affairs Canada and The Support Network of Edmonton. Tim’s professional success has been based on his ability to bring diverse groups together to support a common vision.
During his time with United Way, Tim served as the Chair of the 211 Alberta Steering Committee, was a member of the 211 Canada Steering Committee, Chaired the Jasper Place Revitalization and was involved with a range of community projects including the Alberta Mentoring Partnership, Partners for Kids, Coalition of Crime Councils and the Neighbourhood Empowerment Teams.
Tim is an active community volunteer who has previously served as President of the Heritage Lakes Community Association, Director for Grow St. Albert and the Robert Rundle Parent Council and as a Trustee for the St. Albert Public Library. Tim holds a Bachelor of Science (Honors) from the University of Alberta and a Master of Arts in Professional Communication through Royal Roads University.
Through his role on St. Albert City Council, Tim has served on the following committees:
- Community Services Advisory Board
- RCMP Community Advisory Committee
- St. Albert Public Library Board
- Chair, Safe Journeys to School Project
- Board Member, Federation of Canadian Municipalities
- Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) Standing Committee on Social-Economic Development
- FCM Standing Committee on Community Safety and Crime Prevention
- FCM Standing Committee on Increasing Women’s Participation in Municipal Government
- FCM/Correction Service of Canada/National Parole Board/Public Safety Canada Joint Committee on Community Corrections
- FCM Task Force on Refugee Resettlement
- Capital Region Board – Governance, Priorities and Finance Committee
- Community Engagement Committee
- St. Albert Healing Garden Steering Committee